Small Guatemala Purse by Laurel Allan Imports
Drawstring Purse made of Guatemalan handwoven ikat
Exclusively Available Here
Small Ikat Drawstring Purse made of Guatemalan handwoven ikat
- exclusive and original GuatemalaImports.com hand-woven fabric
- 8″ deep 7.5″ wide top
- cotton cord drawstring top
- Made in Guatemala
- Available colors: morado (purple), turquesa (turquoise), blanco/negro (white/black), rojo (red), & multicolor patterns
- Cold wash, tumble dry on low heat or dry clean
- Pre-washed fabric to insure colorfastness
The Mayan Indians create their textiles combining different geometric forms, patterns and figures and each Maya village has it’s own tradition of weaving styles in a magnificent array of colors and patterns that have changed little in over 1000 years. These *ikat textiles incorporate jaspe designs, either in the warp and/or in the weft, and the weaving is done on Spanish-style treadle looms.
*Ikat refers to the dye technique used to create these beautiful woven cotton fabrics that were traditionally hand-woven on back strap looms.
T his item uses fabric traditionally hand-made by a Mayan family indigenous to the western highlands of Guatemala. When you make a purchase from GuatemalaImports.com you are directly supporting the artisan weavers because we work directly with the families who produce our exclusive fabrics. By supporting this amazing art it survives; thank you.